Spedizione gratis in Ticino per acquisti superiori ai 50CHF.
Spedizioni nel resto della Svizzera 20CHF.

Chianti Classico DOCG Il Palei 2016

Villa a Sesta

Regular price SFr. 18.00

Tax included.

VINTAGE 2016 

 

Chianti Classico DOCG IL PALEI

 

Production area: Chianti Classico “il Palei” is produced in the vineyards located in Villa a Sesta, Castelnuovo Berardenga, in the province of Siena.

Exposure: land facing South, South East with an altitude of 450 m a.s.l.

Soil type: they are basically heterogeneous and moderately steep soils, stony, deep, with a good draining effect, very suitable for hosting a grape variety such as Sangiovese. The Palei grapes come, in different sizes, from all the Chianti Classico soils of the company.

Variety: 100% Sangiovese

Production characteristics: the planting density varies from 4,500 to 5,000 plants per hectare, with a production of about 65/70 quintals of grapes and an average yield of 45 hectoliters in wine.

Vinification: the grapes are harvested manually, once they have been de-stemmed and pressed, the vinification begins in truncated conical vats. The alcoholic fermentation takes place in about 7-10 days and the subsequent maceration on the skins in about another 10 days at a controlled temperature of 27 ° C.

Maturation and refinement: 30% refinement in barriques and the remaining 70% in large barrels for 18 months. Before being placed on the market, the Palei is aged in the bottle for about 6 months.

Organoleptic characteristics: Classic wine, deep ruby red in color with violet reflections, with an intense aroma, rich in fruity aromas such as cherry and blackberry. The taste is harmonious with great balance, good structure, slightly savory, with a fine and sweet tannic component and pleasant notes of red fruits.

Food matches: Aged cheeses, pasta with game, grilled meats, stews.

Serving temperature: 18 ° C